Thursday, November 1, 2007

Candy... ugh

I ate too much candy. But I know I am not alone in this ship of fools, my husband and Princess are feeling the pain too. Why do they have to give out Nerds? I love those things. And Pixie Stix will get me every time. I don't do chocolate but loves me some fruity stuff--just not cherry. Yuck! I think it is because growing up it seems like my parents always bought those cherry Sucrets (sp?) and the flavor of fake cherry makes me want to puke. I don't have much of a gag reflex but that crap will do me in every time. Like when you go to the dentist--which I don't even want to think about right now, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep last night with a Pixie Stix in mouth--and they use that gritty junk on your teeth. Now, thank God, they have other flavors, but as a kid it was always cherry, and if one little grit touched a taste bud I would gag. So I pretty much drooled buckets at the dentist. Princess told me to help myself to her candy but like most parents I was nibbling all night. Our neighbor answered the door eating candy and several others were too. Now I don't even want to look at anything sweet and have a nice not-sweet lasagna in the oven. I don't want to even see candy until, well, at least tomorrow--Princess did get a lot of Nerds and I would hate for her to get sick off them.

No comments: