Monday, November 12, 2007

disABILITY Awareness Week

Lets hear it for the disabled! If for only one week a year, lets revel in the spotlight. I think it is a good message to focus on what you can do when so much can become difficult--too bad it took me well over a year to remember that I am not 100% Multiple Sclerosis. I had read books and articles about remembering who you are and not to let your disability define you, but those can be hollow words when what you don't want to define you is tearing you down rapidly. It has taken me a long time to find myself and I hope to never lose myself again. So lets celebrate our abilities (however small they may be--I don't have many talents) and if only for a week remember what we can do. And since I am gifted in the art of putting my foot in my mouth, I am off to exercise that talent for the week. Team Disabled all the way!

No comments: