Monday, November 5, 2007

The Worst Time Of The Day

I hate these last few minutes before I have to leave to pick up Princess from school. I can feel that last few quiet grains in the hour glass drain away--had to throw in a "Days Of Our Lives" reference there, this sounds so melodramatic. Why is it that the weekends or days when there is no school, time seems to cccccrrrrrraaaaaawwwwwwlllllllll yet the days I have 8 hours to myself are gone before I can get a book read or a really good nap in. Sometimes I just want to sit here and not go across town and have my ears chewed down to bloody stubs or hear somebody ask, "Whats for dinner? Why isn't there any good food? What do you do all day? Why didn't you do _______ for me so I wouldn't have to?" Then comes the hideous shows, and those are a fate worse than death. Can't get the prisoners to talk? Tune in to "Suite Life Of Zack And Cody" or "Life With Derek," they will sing real fast. Heck, I don't have any good secrets but I would gladly tell any I do have to stop the torture of kids' after-school programming. Darn, why does the time have to go so fast when you dread lame TV? Now back to your mommy duties.....

No comments: