Thursday, August 14, 2008

Before I Forget...

I have to get these 2 things down here before I forget again. First I want you to know that I enjoy your comments too much. I don't always respond but I almost always laugh. I don't know how many times I have cackled in this room by myself over some of the stuff you think up. Sometimes I take my laptop with me and make a fool of myself in public snorting and guffawing by myself to some of them. And if you have ever heard me laugh you know it is not a quiet thing -- especially when I am really amused. An old roommate used to say it sounded like I was hyperventilating and I wish I could refute that. Second I have finally found the WD40 and a prying bar and got myself over to a lot of the other MS blogs that my lazy self has been meaning to for awhile. I found a recent question on the Carnival Of MS Bloggers at http://brassandivory.blogspot.com to be very thought provoking. The lovely and multi-talented Lisa that runs that blog (not sure if she came up with the question or not. My vision is "spotty" right now so I can't always read every word -- bless all holy buttons for spell checker!) asked what you would do if you were not afraid. What wouldn't I do?! I would scratch the inside of my nose in public if need be. I would tell some one with cat box breath to eat a friggin tic tac. I would meet the eyes of people in public and not worry about the reasons for why they are looking at me. I would skip (or try, can't really skip these days) and sing, "Weeeeeeeee're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz!" through the stores. I would contact some people from my past and tell them what they meant/mean to me and not be afraid of their reaction. Oh, the things I could do if only I didn't have that nagging fear that screeches in my head, "Their all gonna laugh at you!" like the line from the Carrie movie. Oh well, it is rather late in the day to start working on all of this. I will think of it tomorrow. (I loves me some Gone With The Wind. Trying to talk Princess into being Scarlett O'Hara for Halloween but she wants to be a boring old witch.)

3 comments:

BRAINCHEESE said...

Seriously...when I type "LMAO" here, I literally mean laughing my (fat) arse off!!! You crack me up, which is why I keep returning...and, if I keep LMAO here, I am looking forward to becoming a new size 6 by next spring (ah, without my...well, you get it!)

Linda D. in Seattle

Denver Refashionista said...

Until I was diagnosed I lived my whole life in fear. I didn't even realize it until I started puking blood and almost died. Then I realized that many of my actions were based on fear. While I was sick I sat down on the floor of the frozen food aisle. My fear was gone. Now I struggle to keep it at bay but really, if you are going to have MS, whay live in fear? Live each day like it's your first and your last and teell people to F---- off if you want to. Why not?

Lisa Emrich said...

I'm the hyperventilating type too. Red face, tears streaming down the face, gasping for air.

I've gotten bolder over the years (oh, doesn't that make me sound OLD?!!) and I hesitate less to ask for things I need. Feels good.

But the fears of "What If?" still haunt some thoughts and actions. I try to get over that.

I did that whole "We're off to see....." on a walk last year with my Sweetie. At first he was rather amused and just continued walking, but then I got him to join in on the skipping part.

That was fun!!! Now I couldn't do it right now (weak legs, awkward balance, etc.). But I should plan to.

Thanks for reminding me. (and thanks for the shoutout.) It feels good to venture out of our bloghouses occasionally.