Friday, December 24, 2010

Treacherous Roads

Yesterday, talking to my mom about the snow we are supposed to get, she told me to be careful running errands because the roads are supposed to be treacherous. I asked her where they were going to be that bad, because I hadn't heard, and she said in Iowa. In Iowa! And she was concerned about driving to work and she lives 2.5 hours from Iowa. I live .5 hours from Iowa and I'm not worried about the roads. But that is my mom. The woman drinks a glass of wine and won't drive for a year. If it is snowing in Antarctica she won't drive, unless maybe if she has a 4 wheel drive with chains on she might venture out, but only in case of an emergency. I know she is so worried because we are leaving for Arizona tomorrow to spend some time with my dad. I won't go near Arizona anytime except in the winter and Sugarbowl won't go on any trip unless there is the possibility of bad weather and a difficult time getting there. She is so stubborn and impetuous (and nihilistic), there is no talking her out of doing anything! I wasn't going to go at first because it is going to wipe out my meager funds to kennel my dogs, but I would never be able to live with myself if I let her go on her own because I didn't want to spend the money and something happened to her, and Princess, and Jabber. Money is not worth my family, so my meager funds will be drained.

We are leaving early tomorrow and I am 100% not ready to go. Instead of starting all the things I need to do to go on vacation, I chose to hit the peace pipe, watch Mystery Science Theater 3000, and ingest all the chocolate donuts yesterday. Today I'm going to pack and clean my house, because I absolutely, unequivocally, will not come home to a dirty house. That is unacceptable. And I also absolutely, unequivocally, will not leave the littlest dog behind. He must come or I won't go. It would stress me out to think of him being kenneled. The other dogs are old and tired, but he is young and energetic. Sugarbowl isn't thrilled about him coming with, but she knows that is the only way I will go, so she accepts it. I got him a new sweater for the occasion, and he is packing his dog toys and chewies as I type. He has been wanting to see the country, so he's ready to hit the road. He probably won't be able to get a minute's sleep tonight, along with Sugarbowl. I can sleep because long drives don't exactly thrill me, and I can always sleep, if only for a few hours, but that is a full night's sleep for me. My only worry is the treacherous roads in Iowa, because we are going nowhere near there, so we need to be very careful not driving through Iowa. Thank goodness my mom is watching the road conditions for us. We may not know what the roads will be like where we ARE going, but we will know the road conditions for where we are NOT going. My mommy is the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a safe trip down to Arizona even with the treacherous roads in Iowa. I also hope you had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

BTW - Have you read this book - Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: how I survived Nellie Oleson and learned to love being hated by Alison Arngrim? It just seems like something that might interest you...

Anonymous said...

The particular carrier you obtain nowadays will still be beneficial inside 5 decades. This kind of will never be correct to get a "replica". chanel replica bags Artificial hand bags usually do not also previous in which extended. cartier replica Good quality buckskin will take far more perform to make and also continues for a longer time as compared to less costly buckskin, even though that seems related initially. Simply the best possible components are employed simply by Chanel. hermes replica In the event you devote time studying industry you will observe the particular styles. hurricane regarding specific components just like Python, or perhaps hand bags who have a story just like the revolutionary a couple of. second there’s 55 vintage. rolex replica Each Chanel bag will be hand made simply by knowledgeable homemade projects folks. rolex replica They've got put in decades refining their particular expertise and so they acquire delight inside the good quality merchandise they will generate. Each stitch will be attached to be able to demanding specifications. Because of this Chanel a couple of. second there’s 55 Hand bags usually nonetheless appear to be fresh inside 5 decades because the evening they may be initial produced.