Friday, May 4, 2012

An Ode To Sciatica

Oh, Sciatica, I f*cking hate you. No, my most odious friend, I really f*cking hate you.
You have turned my nights into a sweaty living hell.
Sheets wrapped around my suffering hips, buttocks, and down my thighs.
Heating pad cooking my backside until my turkey timer pops.
Our last few months together have narrowed my existence into a small world of pain.
Walking hunched over like a little old woman, hand tightly gripping my right buttock,
And cursing my inability to find a comfortable way to have my body.
I pace, I lay down, I try to find a way to sit comfortably, but there is no getting past you.
As long as you are in my world, I am unable to focus on anything else.
I notice nothing else when you throb in my butt cheek and down my leg.
You have become my life, and it has been an intense few months, maybe too intense.
No maybe about it, you have ruined my enjoyment in my usual enjoyments, you  greedy wh*re.
You demand all of my attention, keep my from being able to focus on a book,
Only able to watch tv that requires no thought processes, watching the clock,
Waiting for the time that my pain medicines kick in.
Your presence has made me more short tempered and forgetful,
Rendering me even less enjoyable to be around, amazingly.
When you leave me, and you are going to leave me,
Do not bother to ever darken my door again, although that may be just a pipe dream.
I know that our relationship will most likely be an on off cycle of hatred and pain,
Mostly on my end, because I do hate you.
Oh, Sciatica, I f*cking hate you. No, my most odious friend, I really f*cking hate you.

12 comments:

Anonyms said...

Nice to see a post from you. I read your blog last year and perked up when your post came through the rss feed today.

Sciatica can be rough, hopefully you find some relief from it..

Write again soon.

kmilyun said...

What nice surprise to find a post from you in my reader.

Sciatica sucks MS sucks . ... hope you find relief

Cranky said...

As if ms isn't bad enough! Sorry for your troubles.

Tracy A.K.A Chiroii (shy-roy) said...

i cured my MS, along with a few other issues i was having. i know thats a big word but email me, ill tell you about it. would love to talk. chiroii@yahoo.com

Renae Clare said...

I have to be honest, I found your blog at random when I started searching for other MS bloggers. And I must say, I absolutely love your approach to embracing life with MS and Sciatica. I try to use humor in my own writing because sometimes I feel like it's the only way I'll ever be able to get through the days sometime! Happy World MS Day to you. I hope they can find a cure for this affliction. I've had MS for 40 years. If you ever want to stop by my own little MS blog, I'd greatly appreciate it!

tourist guide said...

It is a very nice blog.It looks beautiful and writing is very well.It’s picture is very good.Topic is interesting.I like this very much.
Click Here to See Attractive Tourist Place

Jen said...

Yep, that pretty much sums it up

Anonymous said...

Sciatica really is bad. I about to post about some things that cause lesions and vasoconstriction here at http://jesusdiedandlives.wordpress.com/. I think this really relieve your pain. God's blessings to you.

rekha said...

Good post...Sciatica pain is a pain affecting the back, hip, and outer side of the leg, caused by compression of a spinal nerve root in the lower back, often owing to degeneration of an inter vertebral disc. visit our site for good tertments for Back Pain, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, Thyroid. http://www.drbastomski.com/

Fine Treatment said...


This is an intresting blog that you have posted, you shares a lot of things about Lower Back Pain Treatment, Knee Pain Treatmentand Sciatica Treatment. Which are very informative for us.Thanks

Anna Schafer said...

Until I came home from my hours of driving, that is, when the pain skyrocketed to new and unknown heights. Tears shed down my face without permission, and I relegated myself to the yoga mat with slim hopes of stretch and release. sciatica

Unknown said...

Multiple sclerosis is a chronic, incurable disease in which the immune system attacks the central nervous system. There have no cure for this disease. Best multiple sclerosis