Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sickness

I'm feeling decidedly under the weather right now. It is going through the family and I have been unfortunate enough to get it. My guts are so nauseous I have been singing my own song about it:

What ya gonna do with all that junk, all that junk rolling in your guts?
I'm gonna puke it up! Puke up all my rotten guts!

I wish I could write a post about something more pleasant then sickness, but I can't. Yesterday my oldest nephew was sick too and I was over at their house helping my older sister clean her house. He kept up a running dialogue of every thought as it went through his "sick" head, burying me under a mountain of unanswerable questions:

Him: "Why do you smoke?"

BB: "Because I'm stupid."

Him: "Why is it called a joy stick instead of a stick of joy?"

BB: "I think most men would think of something else if it were called a stick of joy."

Him: "What would they think of?"

BB: "Aren't you supposed to be sick?"

Him: "I feel like I might throw up."

BB: "You sure don't act like it."

Him: "Do they give you the black belt when you become a black belt?"

BB: "I have no idea. I'm no where near any kind of belt, black or otherwise."

Him: "Don't you wish you could break boards with your hands?"

BB: "No."

Him: "Do you ever crap your pants when you fart? I did last night."

BB: "I think everyone has done that at some point in their life."

Him: "When did you do it?"

BB: "Aren't you supposed to be sick?"

Here's hoping I feel better soon and that I don't suddenly develop diarrhea of the mouth. I'm not as good at coming up with unanswerable questions as my nephew is.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds very aromatic, joyous, and brilliant over yonder...hehehe....

BRAINCHEESE said...

I'm going to impart a very important piece of medical knowledge on you...that question about whether or not you've ever farted and/or crapped yourself at the same time? Well...it's called a "shart". Need I explain more?!? Seriously...it's in the textbooks. I wouldn't lie to you...or WOULD I?!? LMAO